Associates Fund Drive
Each year, associate attorneys at over 50 Boston-area law firms participate in the Greater Boston Legal Services Associates Fund Drive. The Drive is a grassroots fundraising effort, having been created and commenced by associates themselves in the 1990s. Through the Drive, Boston-area associates raise hundreds of thousands of dollars annually to support GBLS's work on behalf of domestic violence survivors.
GBLS provides free civil legal aid to over 10,000 low-income people in Boston and 31 surrounding cities and towns. Because of its limited resources, GBLS is forced to turn away three out of every five people who seek legal assistance to meet their basic needs. Despite this, GBLS provides high-quality legal assistance in areas of critical concern and regularly achieves significant legal victories on behalf of low-income families in the Boston area.
How Much Should I Give?
Typical gifts range from $150 to $300, either as one-time donations or through sustaining monthly gifts of as little as $20. Here’s how your money directly impacts the ability of GBLS attorneys to serve low-income domestic violence survivors:
- $1,000 allows a GBLS attorney to represent an abuse victim in a contentious custody battle;
- $500 allows a GBLS attorney to prepare and present a case to secure child support;
- $250 secures representation in a hearing for a family seeking a one-year restraining order against their abuser.
How you can help:
1. Donate now! Use the form below, or ask your firm's captain how donations are being collected.
2. Get involved! Don’t just donate; participate. If you want to get your firm involved, contact us to find out how.
For more information, please contact Lauren Shryne at Greater Boston Legal Services, 617.603.1596, firstname.lastname@example.org