- About Us
- Our Work
- Get Legal Help
- Get Involved
- Impact Advocacy
- Support GBLS
Associates Fund Drive
Each year, the Associates of nearly 50 Boston-area law firms participate in the GBLS annual Associates Fund Drive. The drive raises hundreds of thousands of dollars annually to provide legal services for the poor. The Associates Drive was started by associates themselves in the 1990s as a grassroots fundraising effort.
GBLS provides approximately 13,000 low-income people in Boston and the surrounding cities and towns with free legal services each year. But due to recent funding cuts, GBLS is forced to turn away three out of every five people who need legal assistance to meet their basic needs. Even during this challenging economic crisis, GBLS provides high quality legal assistance and has achieved significant legal victories on behalf of low-income families.
How Much Should I Give?
Typical gifts range from $150 - $300 annually. Here’s how your money makes a direct and real impact on our ability to take new cases:
- $1,000 supports an attorney representing an abuse victim in a contentious custody battle;
- $500 supports an attorney in preparing and presenting a case on child support;
- $250 secures a family representation in a full hearing on a 1-year restraining order against their abuser.
We Need Your Help to Keep Going!
1. Donate Now! If you can make a donation to the current drive on line.
2. Get Involved! Don’t just donate; participate. If you want to get your firm involved, contact us to find out how.
For more information: Zoe Cronin, Greater Boston Legal Services, 617.603.1643, email@example.com